Wednesday, October 14, 2009

So what is this ETSY all about anyway


Many of you have heard of and some of you haven't had the pleasure of looking into ETSY.com a site for those of you who love to shop locally, buy from the little entrepreneurs out there, get unique and fantastic items a great price. I opened a shop, Evie and Gil on etsy a while ago, did a couple of hand painted custom items and kind of forgot about it. Well, I'm back with some interesting vintage pieces I find around town, fun holiday decor, and greeting cards.

I love going to antique and thrift stores, and garage sales scouring for great finds. Many of you don't know I have furnished my home with many accessories and accent tables from things I found at rummage sales, on craigslist, at consignment shops, as hand-me-downs that often just needed a fresh coat of paint or a hardware change.


These days we're thinking green and watching our pocketbooks it's time to change our focus. Time to look at something again for the first time and see if we might use it. Time to look at 'used' or 'preowned' instead of new. Time to especially remember the small shop keeper. So, as always, enjoy "monitor" shopping on ETSY and keep us in mind for the holidays!



1 comment:

Tammy Williams said...

Loving it! Looking forward to seeing more on your Etsy site.