Thursday, October 01, 2009

Oregon Garden Visit




My dear girlfriend, Danelle, took me to the Oregon Garden in Silverton for a visit. I have never been (since it's filled in), always wanted to go. It was a gorgeous Saturday and we were free of families and ready to explore...at our own pace. Years ago, I had worked on the Gordon House, which was moved to Silverton and now serves as an importand architectural landmark as it is the only Frank Lloyd Wright Usonion House in Oregon. I was impressed by all the different types of gardens within the Garden itself:

the children's garden



pet garden, lewis & clark garden, conifer, annual, wetland, oak grove....just to name a few! There is a tram that goes around the entire thing, giving you a good overview before you explore on your own. It is inspiring to say the least. If you are already a terrific gardener (like Danelle) or an aspiring one (like me), you'd appreciate it. It's definitely worth a visit on a sunny fall day.

the barn

green roof on a shed

large lawn for weddings and other gatherings

the wetlands
Thank you dear friend for a lovely memory......

No comments: