Tuesday, December 08, 2009

My first attempt at Bloodying a Bean Bag


Oh shipping woes. After completing the two lovely chairs to be shipped to Texas I realized, crap; now I have to figure out shipping.  I kind of ball parked it on my Etsy site based on what other people had done; yes I copied. I really didn't think I'd get any orders on chairs; too expensive and costly to ship. I was wrong. So, learning from this experience.


Being the eco - green-environmentally sensitive...wait, really just cheap...people we are we confiscated the following to use in shipping mayhem: **1-5 large boxes from old equipment at A-dec that Nathan stole from work. **scraps of packaging material from other packages that I had lying around **one old bean bag that my mom had that I tore open and spilled it's guts out**a bunch of newspapers we crumpled til our hands looked like coal miners' hands**duct tape**more duct tape**and the usual swearing


My shipping department (nathan) is making about $.50/hour. Boy do I owe him...wait, I bore his children...naturally...he owes me. I will say I am thankful for my shipping department who skillfully created two boxes out of nothing, measured to the EXACT size and duct tape to hell.


Let's all have a silent moment and PRAY they make it to Texas in tact.

2 comments:

Tammy Williams said...

Great job on selling a couple of chairs! I'm still working hard on my knitting projects and YES I feel like a grandma while I am knitting and watching TV at night...haha.

simplydesign said...

Thanks! Good luck on knitting! I've been painting like mad; have a few orders for "Fa la la" (not from Etsy) and still have another painting project before christmas....tis the season!