Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Last weekend; my girl, my boy, and loss of my sanity



Last weekend was a whirlwind of activity: Evelyne (and coach Nathan's) last soccer game, Halloween (of course) and the celebration of Gilbert turning 3.  Whew..I felt like I was running a marathon of events, costumes, prizes, candy...oh and where was that bloody mary....??? Wow, crazy times.  It was fun though.

Friday we had a Fall Festival at Evelyne's School.  Thanks to a very organized parent volunteer, it was a fabulous event...





Then of course we had to carve our pumpkins




Evelyne's soccer team, "the wildcats" did great despite a muddy trodding through the fields at Willamette Park. The girls really starting playing like a real team towards the end; I'm really proud of all of them and proud of coach Nathan in his patience and kind persistence, he really is great with girls.  The team all received award certificates, trophies, and coach Nathan gave them all "championship rings" because they were all champions of their first season in his book.






Then on to Halloween Night.  Of course our neighborhood, the fabulous place that it is, had an event...the "VilleBoo Monster March" a great time to view everyone's costumes before trick or treating began.  Evelyne was with me and Gilbert was with Nathan. We had to split up because of the sheer urgency our children had to be with "their respective posses" which totally didn't coincide.  Cat & the Hat went with the Wizard and the "other mother" went with Alice who HAD to be with the Vampire of her DREAMS Shane Bresnahan. I swear she ran all night to keep up with him...I quickly trotted along trying not to spill my drink in the mayhem. A big thank you to grandma's Joni and Gigi for manning the door at our home during this time.


Finally, Gilbert's birthday..oh what fun.  I think it's the most fun I've ever had at a kid's party and I was the HOST! We did a carnival themed birthday with stations of a "prize wheel of wow" "fishing game" "penny in the jar game" and "cookie walk." Kids had so much fun playing all the games the parents actually got a chance to walk around and visit! Best of all, Gilbert was surrounded by friends and family and LOVED his birthday.


Life is crazy as a parent, but often you get to experience the joys of childhood again through your children...what fun; even if it's a bit tougher at 35 than 5 or 3 for that matter.....
I need a nap....

So, last funny thing.  Nathan was looking for Gilbert on Sunday evening after cleaning up and couldn't find him.  Ended up he had fallen asleep in his bedroom curled up between his bed and the wall!  Poor boy was POOPED!

Whew..what a weekend!

No comments: