Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mom's Birthday...I won't say which one

We celebrated my mom's birthday a couple of weekends ago at our house with a yummy brunch. I have to say, we have AMAZING cooks in my family. For birthdays and special occasions we always start out with "Ok, i'll bring a main dish, you bring a dessert, you bring a side, you bring etc. etc. etc." and it always turns out fabulous. We wanted to make it special so mom wouldn't have to do anything, but she did anyway...she made a tiered polenta dish that was to die for and looked very complicated. Alex made his food here and I was so impressed at how quickly he pounded it out...sauteed italian sweet sausages with onions and red wine garnished with parsley and lemon...wow...it was great. Happy Birthday mom; you started all of us on a road of culinary exploration....may we never tire!

No comments: