Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Scarecrow

Yikes, there's a scarecrow in my car!
A scarecrow at home

With friend Gabby, a chicken farmer


and again by her pumpkin....



So, farm day at Evelyne's school happens in the fall and means everyone dresses like a farm animal or farmer....so, Evelyne picked a Scarecrow. Well, a scarecrow is kind of like an animal, I mean it scares birds and farmers create them so technically we figured we'd be alright....
I hadn't an outfit or anything.. just had to throw it together in the morning...it turned out pretty good....some raffia I'd saved from some craft I'd purchased at michaels craft store a while ago for hair ribbons, some tights from last year's snake costume, some hula skirt cut up from a hawaiian outfit for straw, some brown eyeliner, blush, and an old handmade 70's sack that once held doll clothes was cut up to make a skirt held together with a belt...very quickly...
whew...pays to procrastinate and be a pack rat....


here are the results.

1 comment:

Tammy Williams said...

Very creative! I would be panicking if that were me...hehe. Nice work!