Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Newborns and Vegas

Might be an odd comparison but follow this logic and see if you agree:

Time is virtually irrelevant as night turns to day you barely notice; lights never get turned off. You wear things you'd never usually wear out; in Vegas you might be ultra sexy but here you're ultra grungy with saggy sweatpants, mismatched socks and a coat that still doesn't quite button over your once large belly. You may as well be topless would be easier than constant snapping and lifting. You're always making bets; I bet I can take a shower, feed my toddler, do a load of laundry, and get myself ready all before baby wakes up. Doh! Foiled again. You may be driven to drink, sometimes at odd hours...so if you're up for the day at 3am you can have cocktail hour at 11am, right? So, next time those of you going through it again feel a bit discouraged and sleep deprived think of Vegas, might make the newborn haze a bit clearer to muddle through and give you something to smile about....."wish you were here."

1 comment:

Tammy Williams said...

I only have one and I feel that way. I am slowly getting the hang of it, but my house is still not as tidy as it was prior to Maya. Showers during the day seem to be a treat, having the dishwasher go through one complete cycle before dinner seems to be too difficult too manage, and trying to remember that day-old coffee needs to be warmed in the microwave - NOT the cupboard - is a curse all by itself.

I can't imagine the daily routine with two kids!

...and we want FOUR???