Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas highlights...for the adults

Mom got all the girls martini glasses that match our personalities...."flirtini" for Sarah, "Lolita in Paris" for me, and "Shoptini" for Sadie. We got a good laugh and will enjoy special drinks in them, each has it's own recipe on the bottom of the glass. Here's me with my siblings toasting to Christmas. And this brings me to a special note about Christmas trees. So, growing up in the country I guess should give me a special affinity for "natural" as my mom says Christmas trees. Every year, my parents get said "natural" Christmas tree and every year it seems to be larger in girth than the previous year. This year's tree at the Kelley's was "girthnormous" with "natural" branches jutting willy-nilly everywhere dwarfing the angel on top and dropping ornaments on the hour, every hour. Me, I could do without so much tree personality. Mom loves these trees. But they are a fun topic of conversation and often are right in the middle of every conversation as we have to talk around and through the branches. Until next year oh christmas tree...little full...lotta sap.

No comments: