Thursday, November 06, 2008

a note on our historic election (opinion of dianne..I won't drag nathan into this one)

So, we have a new president elect....whew I'm so glad all those ads etc. are over. Honestly, I would have been happy with either candidate for president. Both have terrific qualities to lead our nation into the next era. I voted for Obama. It was a tough choice for me but when it came down to it I wanted someone different, someone with a new vision, a new attitude. Someone with excitement and when I realized what an impact their campaign made across all nations I was sold. I'm an independent so often find myself in a political quandry. So, these past couple of days have been exciting; exciting to see everyone excited, refreshed, with hope for the future and renewed confidence in our country. We all know there are going to be no lightning bolt changes in our economy, but the point is there is change in our general attitude. And if you've ever been in therapy you know that attitude is EVERYTHING. So, cheers to Obama and his campaign...his wife is lovely and let's hope her brother guides the Beavers to victory. Sorry to Tina, I'll miss your skits and my late night laughs....see you on 30 Rock.

No comments: