Friday, May 18, 2007

Nine Two Cans

Had to include this in the blog site. Evelyne has this simple little counting book where it has pictures of animals and a number attached to it. So, it shows the number 1 and has one lion head, shows the number 2 and has two snakes etc. She is really into numbers these days and loves to try to figure out what number is what (must get the number thing from her dad). Anyway, we can never get past number nine however. The photo shows toucans. Now, obviously whoever wrote the book wasn't thinking this all the way through. So we see nine and she's always confused by the "two cans." Yesterday, after getting to page 9 she said "nine five cans" and trying to explain it for the thousanth time I just laughed and she laughed and we read that page over and over again and just laughed, someday she'll get it.

2 comments:

d.e. hovde said...

Nine two cans! I love kids. And you are the best, Lady D!
Soon, d

Tammy Williams said...

How funny is that?! I had to ask Jeremy what a toucan was myself. I would have called it a parrot...haha. I guess animals are not my forte.